Berlusconi Pledges to Deport 600,000 Illegal Immigrants From Italy: 'Social Bomb Ready to Explode'Chris MenahanInformationLiberation Feb. 05, 2018 |
Only 15 Senators Vote to Block Arms to Israel, Despite Majority of Americans Wanting Aid to End
IDF Gunned Down Gaza Paramedics in Clearly Marked Emergency Vehicles, Recovered Video Shows
Key October 7th 'Mass Rapes' Witness Featured in Sheryl Sandberg Film 'Exposed as a Serial Liar'
Rabbi Tells Senate Hearing It's 'Not Enough' to Be 'Not Anti-Semitic' - 'One Must Be Anti-Anti-Semitic'
Sen. Schumer: 'My Job is to Keep the Left Pro-Israel'
![]() ![]() Rather than repeat platitudes about how "our diversity is our greatest strength," Berlusconi called for a return to sanity. From The Guardian: Silvio Berlusconi has pledged to deport 600,000 illegal immigrants from Italy should his centre-right coalition enter government after elections on 4 March, as tensions simmer over the shooting of six Africans by a far-right extremist on Saturday.The tensions were caused by the brutal murder of an 18-year-old girl by a Nigerian migrant. ![]() The Guardian continues: The 81-year-old rightwing former prime minister said in a TV interview that immigration was a “social bomb ready to explode in Italy” and that the shooting in Macerata posed a security problem.Contrast Berlusconi's statements with those of Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni and Macerata's mayor Romano Carancini who said a Nigerian migrant chopping up 18-year-old Pamela Mastropietro was not the trigger for 28-year-old Luca Traini's alleged attack but outraged citizens who stoked "racial hatred" in the wake of her death. As the NY Times reported Saturday: Macerata’s mayor, Romano Carancini, said the connection “may not have been direct, but could be ascribable to the campaign of racial hatred that began after Pamela’s death.”The Guardian continues: Berlusconi’s Forza Italia has forged an alliance with two far-right parties, the Northern League and the smaller Brothers of Italy, for the elections. ![]() ...Five men and one woman, all from Ghana, Mali or Nigeria, were wounded in the Macerata shooting. Luca Traini, a 28-year-old arrested over the incident, was a failed candidate for the Northern League in local elections last year.Note, the Guardian waited until the very end of the article to point out the attack was done in retaliation to one of the most heinous murders in their city's history. Berlusconi's policies will diffuse this ticking time bomb while ignoring the problem and spewing empty platitudes will only ensure it gets worse. Follow InformationLiberation on Twitter, Facebook and Gab. |