Santorum Suggest New Terror Attacks Will Change View Of WarFormer Senator predicts "unfortunate events" within a year that will alter perceptionsBy Paul Joseph Watson Prison Planet Jul. 08, 2007 |
Trump's 'Liberation Day' Includes Slapping 17% Tariff on Israel
Rabbi Tells Senate Hearing It's 'Not Enough' to Be 'Not Anti-Semitic' - 'One Must Be Anti-Anti-Semitic'
Randy Fine Wins Florida House Race After Trump, GOP Scrambled to Prop Up His Campaign
Only 15 Senators Vote to Block Arms to Israel, Despite Majority of Americans Wanting Aid to End
Trump Threatens War With Iran If No Nuclear Deal: 'There Will Be Bombing' Like They've 'Never Seen'
![]() ![]() Appearing on the Hugh Hewitt radio show, Santorum also hyped the necessity of "confronting Iran in the Middle East," and predicted that Giuliani, Romney and Fred Thompson would be the three surviving Republican candidates who would go head to head in the race for the nomination. Santorum went on to clearly imply that terror attacks will occur inside America which will alter the body politic and lead to a reversal of the anti-war sentiment now dominating the country. "Between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war, and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate events, that like we’re seeing unfold in the UK. But I think the American public’s going to have a very different view," said the former senator from Pennsylvania. Is Santorum expressing foreknowledge of some coming atrocity or is he merely using a tactic familiar to the leadership of his party - exploiting the fear of terror for the purposes of political rhetoric? Last month, the new chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party Dennis Milligan said that there needed to be more attacks on American soil for President Bush to regain popular approval. "At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "And the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country," he concluded. Yearning for new mass casualty terror attacks for political gain is a GOP strategy - Milligan is merely parroting what was written in a leaked confidential memo that was circulated among senior Republican leaders in late 2005. "A confidential memo circulating among senior Republican leaders suggests that a new attack by terrorists on U.S. soil could reverse the sagging fortunes of President George W. Bush as well as the GOP and "restore his image as a leader of the American people," reported Capitol Hill Blue on November 12, 2005. |